Okontoe has 32 campsites, 11 of which are designated seasonal lease sites. They can accommodate tents and smaller RVs (we suggest a 24-foot maximum). Two sites are pull-through and able to host a large RV.
Several of our sites are lakeside or lake view, some are private, others more open and perfect for group camping. A few of them have electric available and there’s a dump station near the Shower House if you need it.
For those who’ve been around Okontoe a long time, our flushies aren’t in use anymore. But there are outhouses and porta-potties in various locations. The Shower House has two showers on each side—Guys and Gals—as well as sinks and a mirror.
There are cold water spigots around the campground. These are generally for more than one campsite, so please don’t hook up to them unless you are a seasonal lease holder.
Also available in the Campground:
- Small swimming beach (no life guard on duty)
- Canoes for half-day ($15) or full-day ($25) rental. Paddles and life jackets included. Please keep our canoes on the property—they are only for use on Bow, Quiver and Shoko Lakes and cannot be transported to other lakes (Okontoe does not carry an Outfitter/Guide permit).
Well-behaved dogs (or cats) are welcome at no extra fee.
- Please keep them leashed at all times…
- Pick up after them before leaving for home…
- Don’t leave your pet(s) unattended in your campsite…
- If your dog barks excessively, you may be asked to leave out of respect for our other guests.
Drive-ins are welcome if space permits!
2020 Campground Rates
- Daily campsite fee: $35/night for up to 6 people or one nuclear family
- Electric: add $5/night
- Firewood is available: $4/crate up by the Garden Bunkhouse. Please don’t bring firewood from outside Cook County! This is a Minnesota DNR regulation to keep unwanted parasites out of our area.
(We’ll start to take 2020 campsite reservations in the Spring of 2020)
Want to be able to spend more time at Okontoe? Check out our Seasonal Lease Campsites
We are a Christian non-profit ministry with a campground and retreat cabins. We welcome all who respect our values. Our property is alcohol-free and family-friendly. Quiet hours are 10:00 pm – 8:00 am.