Okontoe Fellowship is a Minnesota 501(c)3 non-profit organization. The proceeds from our cabins and campground help provide for camping and ministry retreat scholarships and ongoing discipleship ministry here, along with our ongoing expenses.
But we could not continue without the generous giving of many friends and supporters as well.
We’re so incredibly grateful for the way the Lord has provided over the years through His people—you!
Whether it’s been monetary, in-kind gifts, or with skills and time, we’ve been blessed over and over again by the generosity of the Body of Christ.
If you’re one of them, thank you!!
If you’re sending a check, make it payable to “Okontoe Fellowship” and mail to: Okontoe, 110 Bow Lake Road, Grand Marais MN 55604
For online donations please click the “Donate” button below. You’ll see options for one time gifts, recurring gifts and designated giving.
Top Needs & Desires
Hi! This is Ben Selin, Executive Director at Okontoe.
There’s much involved in running a camp and maintaining a large property, and many things needed to do it well. I share these items with you for your awareness and to ask you to please join us in pray over them—that the Lord would provide for them as He sees fit. Let’s see what He does!
SOME BASIC NEEDS
Kitchen stove vent hood for the Lake House.Donated!
- Water heater vent pipe installation at the Lake House. This pipe needs to be vented out of the roof to vent properly. Currently it vents out the wall and some gases go back into the house at times. Also, if there is anyone with expertise in this area, I could sure use help doing it right.
Larger water pressure tank for the Lake House well.Donated! Propane furnaces for staff housing.Purchased used at an amazing price!
- New tires for front wheels on tractor. Heavy truck tires work really well on the front.
- Funds to repair our dual-axle flatbed trailer. One axle has broken off. (Or perhaps a newer trailer?)
Wood chipper.Donated! Zero-turn lawnmower.(Not a zero-turn, but a Very good John Deere riding mower has been donated!)
- Snowblower attachment for our tractor. PTO driven. 6-7 feet wide and single auger. This would help us throw the snow into the woods instead of it piling up near the roads. This would also be a great help in keeping the road open to the DC cabins for winter cabin groups in the future.
- Dump truck or dump trailer. For moving brush, firewood, rock, and gravel. It is so much easier and faster to dump a load out then to have to drag it out by hand.
BIG PICTURE PROJECTS
- Update of our septic systems. As many of you are aware, this is a big need and we are on our way. Many of you have donated towards this already. Thank you! God will see this done. They are not up to current code any longer and need replacing. We’re currently looking for a contractor to work with us.
- Update of canoes, life jackets and paddles.
- Update of campground water spigot posts, and RV water connections.
- Repairs to campground electrical posts, lines, and electrical boxes.
- Update of campground picnic tables.
If you’re interested in helping on any of these projects, please call 218-388-2285 or follow the Giving instructions on this page.
Thank you so very much for standing in prayer with us on these items!
Volunteer Your Time or Skill
See our page: Group Service Project Opportunities for some ideas of the types of ongoing projects we can always use help with.
When we have specific needs for skilled help, we’ll list those here.
Other Types of Gifts
If you have an item you’d like to gift to Okontoe, please contact 218-388-2285 or email@example.com.
GIVE THROUGH AMAZON
There are two ways to help support Okontoe through Amazon:
- Amazon Smile Program—Go to Smile.Amazon.com, choose Okontoe Fellowship and sign in to your Amazon account. Amazon will donate .5% of your purchases to Okontoe at no extra cost to you.
- Okontoe’s Amazon Wish List